Friday, October 23, 2009

Still More Mount Stuff and What a Wonderful Week

Yes, the main broadcast team is set for Mount Saint Mary, but I forgot to mention that we will also try to add an on-court reporter. It's looking like the college will try to find a student to fit that role, but I am not against reaching into the vast resources of the WGCH extended family to pluck a guest reporter or analyst. Trust me when I say that those people work hard and would be a great fit.

Despite the disaster of last Friday's broadcast at Trumbull, the near disaster in Harrison, and the Yankees' inability to close things out, it has been a great week. Maybe this is what I was looking for when I wrote the now-famous "McCartney Post" back in July. That day held so much promise and I thought it was the beginning of something special. Instead, it was another misplaced brick in the long and winding road.

And I tripped right over it.

I've spent the past couple of months dusting myself off. Again.

So maybe, just maybe, with Mount Saint Mary, new friends and relationships, Sean (of course, always Sean), a great team at WGCH (I've really enjoyed the addition of Chris Erway and Chris Kaelin, who have become good friends of mine)...dare I say the future doesn't look so bleak again?

Friends, somebody is answering the phone when I call. I guess that's the best way to put it. Because I hate silence. Don't get me wrong - I enjoy peace occasionally. I just don't like saying something - putting myself out there - and getting nothing in return. Silence, folks, is deadly.

This goes for friends, family, love, career, and life.

Take all this for what is. Of course, your mileage will vary. It's all helter skelter (again, Beatles reference). Can't buy me love.

Couldn't resist that last one.

No comments: