Thursday, October 08, 2009

Ever Feel Like This? (With VIDEO)


So cousin Kris and I are just minding our business, preparing to leave Yankee Stadium when we notice members of the NYPD scuffling with a patron. Let's just say it quickly escalated. As I watched from the other side of a concession stand, all I could hear was a loud THUMP! immediately followed by the rattling of a door. Before I knew it, cousin Kris noticed the patron's friend putting his hand on one of the members of the NYPD. In my head, I heard Mills Lane saying "Let's get it on!"

Actually Kris calmed the friend down and kept him from visiting central booking, so kudos to him. Then there was the fan filming it all, much to the dismay of a Yankee Stadium security member, who told him basically to knock it off. The fan stood his ground, holding the camera, saying "I'm not doing anything. I'm not doing anything."

Oh, how I pray this all hits YouTube!

For me, I was an observer...so long as nothing happened to Kris. But when one other fan put a hand on me to move by, I have to admit...for a nanosecond...that I began to feel the blood pressure rising. It quickly passed.

I know, it seems like a blight on a great night (Yankees won 7-2, lead the ALDS one game to none) but, truth be told, Kris and I laughed hysterically all the way out to the car. That's where we started quoting "Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy", thinking about the whole part where Ron tells Brick to "lay low for a while, because you're probably wanted for murder."

Sadly, I couldn't find any video of that scene.

Yep, it escalated quickly. Then again, Kris and I can find humor in anything.

No comments: