Monday, May 16, 2022

The Update

The glamorous life of moving!

I realize you're hardly sitting on the edge of your seat waiting for news on my living situation but I can give you a brief update.

No, I'm not ready to name the town yet. I want the lease signed and everything confirmed before I announce it.

That might seem silly but when you always expect the other shoe to drop, you learn to hedge your bets a bit.

However, we have enough news -- yes, of the good kind -- to tell you.

A dumpster showed up this morning and, given it has rained a lot since Saturday evening, it feels like it's here just in time. I actually had to clear the driveway a bit so that the truck could get in with the dumpster.

I might have even sold the used tractor that I bought in late 2020 but still needed a battery. Thus it was never used. Basically, the person who helped us get it (dating back to when Mom was still alive) said he'd come back the next after dropping it off.

Yeah. About that.

Anyway, it looks like I've sold it to a new neighbor here in Mahopac.

With the lawnmower gone and the shop vac also being sold, it's getting more difficult to do tasks around here. My sense of pride is struggling with the fact that I can't do the lawn one more time. You have to understand that I took enormous pride in the lawn. 

Sean would call me obsessed and yell at me every time I suggested that I needed to mow the lawn.

But, to the news. Thanks to my new landlord, I will be able to settle into my new place next week -- ahead of June 1.

It frankly annoys me greatly that the new owners of the house wouldn't let us have it until the 1st of the month but we'll simply move on.

And out.

Take the high road. We're good at that. Too good.

This week will be a constant run of filling that dumpster.

It will also be a daily slog of packing as well.

Yet I'll take work where I can because life has to go on and I have to pay for the apartment!


I was supposed to call Brunswick's FAA baseball playoff game against Hamden Hall today but a miscommunication left me out of the loop. I took my time shopping and eating lunch before heading to Brunswick where the parking lot was loaded for other events. I sat in my car, hung out in the dugout, and even walked around the field for a bit before I discovered that the game had been postponed.

So we'll try it again tomorrow.

Brunswick's senior numbers

I'll also handle moderating duties for Hunt Scanlon's conference on Thursday in New York City.

Oh, and the lacrosse Prep National games are this weekend at Brunswick to close out the school year with the Bruins. I'll be on the call for the semis on Friday and the championship on Sunday.

Next Monday and Tuesday will be moving days, so long as the steps are all in place. 

The end of my parent's house is next Wednesday. I'll go from the closing to my new home.

The FCIAC playoffs will also be heating up.

Next Saturday is the Greenwich Town Party. 

Finally, after filling in for Rick Zolzer, and hosting his Poughkeepsie Nissan Sunday Sports talk show with Fran Pomarico, I will begin to settle in.

Maybe I'll have pizza on my deck (I'll have a deck!).

I was recently told that I'm home alone way too often, waiting for life. This will be a welcomed change (and my wake-up call). Time to start living.

Get busy living or get busy dying as Red said in "The Shawshank Redemption."

Life will indeed carry on.

Or begin again.

No comments: