Thursday, May 19, 2022

A Day Off

 


Though I can't really afford it, today was a complete day off from the chaos of closing down the house and relocating my life.

On the other hand, I can't really afford to not work, and I'd committed to hosting Hunt Scanlon's conference today in New York months ago. OK, let's face it, I've committed to basically anything Chris Hunt and Scott Scanlon as me to do but I digress.

So after a full Wednesday of throwing things in the dumpster, I stepped away without doing a thing, other than renting a moving truck for next week.

I was out of the house in the cover of darkness, leaving all of my concerns here a little after 4:30 a.m. I walked into the Mariott Marquis a little after 7 a.m.

Then? The usual. Keep things on time, read the script, ad-lib where needed, and try to keep things moving.

I've apparently gained a reputation for being a stickler for keeping things on schedule. Well, that's the job, so I'll take that as a compliment.

With the cooperation of the speakers and a great audio/visual crew, and of course my Hunt Scanlon colleagues, we brought the ship into port right on time. A richly-deserved beverage awaited as well as laughs with my friends.

Then came dinner with Paul Silverfab and the walk back to the Grand Central Terminal.


Oh, and I bought a couple of black and white cookies for a father/son combo. I'll save them for tomorrow. The son knows about it and he thinks the father is pretty great.

I'll take it, er, I'm sure the father will take it.

And now I'm home. The clock continues to tick and the pressure continues to build.

Onto tomorrow.

No comments: