Saturday, May 07, 2022

Progress

 



No baseball today.

I was supposed to call a doubleheader at Brunswick and, well, Mother Nature wasn't in a good mood. There's nothing quite like an early May day with the temperature dipping under 50 and rain, amirite?

And, if you're keeping track, that's three lost games this week. Not good for a bottom line.

So, yeah, baseball struck out.

The upside of that was it gave me time at home. Laura and Ryan (sister and nephew, in case you don't have a scorecard) were here as was Sean (son, of course).

We. Attacked. The. Mess.

We are now preparing for a tag sale next weekend (and maybe the one after that). We cleaned the shed and the deck. We filled the garage. 

Every window dressing is gone. All wall hangings are down. Most of the nails have been removed.

Basically, there are 18 days left here and I simply don't have the time or energy to deal with any of it emotionally. 

I worked from the minute I came home today until after the Kentucky Derby (and what a race!). Sure, we took breaks but still, it was a lot.

So I'm hoping you'll simply indulge a short post tonight. While there is still a lot to do I'm going to take tomorrow a little easier. I'll dive back in wherever I have time.

But, when I tell you that Laura, Ryan, Sean, and I were the ones doing this, you can take that to heart. Save for a moment here or there, that's been it since we began doing this in Mar 2021. I suppose, in reality, I've been doing some of this since right after Mom passed. I know it would be necessary so I dug in.

Then it would stop.

Then start.

Then stop.

And on and on until this rush.

The final rush.

Like last night (and last weekend, when I finished the attic) we take the victories wherever we can. It feels good to see how much was accomplished but there's simply no way to truly relax yet.

There's still much to be done but trust me when I say today was major.

My body is sore and I'm going to try to sleep.

That's a stereo that has probably hung on that wall since the mid-70s.


No comments: