Monday, May 23, 2022

The Last Night

 

New beginnings: My bed is quiet tonight in Greenwich

I'm sitting on an air mattress in the bedroom I've occupied since the fall of 2020.

I thought about going back to my old room -- my original room -- one more time but I decided not to. Either way, I'd be on an air mattress with a sleeping bag.

Most of my stuff is gone. It's moved on to my new home. We made one long trip today but we still have more to do tomorrow.

Then I'll pack up The Cat and head to a hotel.


I figure I'm allowing myself one night where I might not have to think.

Then a new life begins on Wednesday.

The house is dark. The power is still on.

The internet is still on.

But it's time.

Its soul has mostly left.

If you believe in ghosts then you know they're here.

There's still so much to do and I'll be right back up at five tomorrow morning.

Big nods to Kris and Sean for their help today.

But that's it.

It's over tomorrow.

Good night.


No comments: