Wednesday, May 04, 2022

May the Fourth Wasn't With Me

 


Today wasn't my day.

I won't get into all of the details but maybe I can sum it up like this:

- Sports broadcasting sucks and some days I want to quit. Today is one of those days.

- I'm going to be homeless soon if I don't find a place to live.

And, the one I've been trying to figure out how to address because I tend to avoid such things:

- I'm horrified at the news out of the Supreme Court. 

Now, I'd love to figure out how to address each of these items a little, so let me try.

- The short version regarding sports broadcasting is 1) I lost a game today due to it being double-booked and I still don't get it but I took the high road and walked away. 2) In a note separate from item number one, I'm done with the entitled who think they can just show up even when another person has already committed to doing a game. Especially when I've said I'll do the game, basically, for dinner and a t-shirt.

Again, this has nothing to do with the game that was double-booked. 

- The Supreme Court. Just...how? I'm literally astounded and disgusted. Given I'm a journalist and a somewhat public person I say this as succinctly as I can because 1) I think journalists have to be careful with such thoughts and 2) Who the bleep cares what I think? Also, the fact that it was leaked was terrible.

- Now, to my big item: folks, it's go-time on an apartment and it's a struggle. In reality, I'm probably leaving Mahopac. I had found something in Carmel that I liked and ... it was gone. Poof. I've talked about my goal of where to go. Basically, I'd prefer to be east of the Taconic Parkway. That's a short version. Brewster, Carmel, Fairfield County. 

It's a struggle. A big struggle. I want to wish evil things on each place that won't take a fairly benign (and currently sound asleep) black cat.

Everyone tells me things will work out. OK, well now it's time. We will be out of the house we've known since 1963 sooner rather than later. We'll have a firm "get out" date within the next few days and my mind is exploding at the thought of 1) moving out of here and 2) finding a place to move in to.


No comments: