Friday, May 27, 2022

In Need of Sleep

 


4:17 a.m.

That's what time it was when we finally finished the deposition this morning. I drove home past WGCH to see the studios lit up as Tony Savino prepared for the NewsCenter.

I had one goal: bed. I kept falling asleep during the deposition, even needing a moment to wake myself up as one of the lawyers said we could go off the record. Nothing was working to keep me awake.

Then again, given the enormity of the week, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that I was such a wreck.

Still, sleep is evading me here in the new digs. Rascal mostly hides when I'm not here so he wants some attention when I am. That, of course, isn't good for trying to sleep at 4:30 a.m.

So I might have gotten three hours of sleep.

I took my first walk around today, climbing the hill to descend into town for breakfast. I learned that the walk from my place to the Greenwich train station was probably 10 minutes -- 15 if the pace is leisurely. The hill made my hamstrings angry but, otherwise, it was a good walk.

But my walk wasn't done. I also strolled downtown to the parking lot near Roger Sherman Baldwin Park, site of the annual Greenwich Town Party. Coincidentally, the big show is tomorrow, so I went to pick up my media credentials.

For the third time, Sean and I will serve as hosts of the WGCH radio broadcast. We'll be on the air just before 11 a.m. and we'll be live with music and commentary until approximately 8 p.m.

I need to get to the park early tomorrow so I can set up. With Billy Joel as the headline act, this will be the first time that I stayed for the whole show.

So given my three hours of sleep, having come home at 4:30 and being generally exhausted, I'm going to call it a night and leave you with a short post.

We'll talk tomorrow.



No comments: