Saturday, January 01, 2022

The First Post of '22: Kinder and Gentler

2022 goal: More soothing cat pictures

We join you from the "Exit 55" nerve center where a debate is raging.

Rob: OK, so for what it's worth, it's 2022. 

Brain: So what? When has that ever really had an impact on us?

RA: It doesn't but, still, when we look at the blog, this will be a noticeable one because it's the first of the year.

BR: OK, so...what?

RA: I don't know, maybe don't make it suck?

BR: You're losing me here.

RA: I don't want the first post of the year to feature some silly rant that I'll look back on and be embarrassed by.

BR: So you're saying you don't want to be a jerk? When has that ever stopped you?

RA: I'm turning over a new lea...

BR: Are you making a resolution?

RA: NO! NO! Not me. I'm just trying to be nicer. For a minute, at least.

BR: That's better. Say, did you see the tweet from a "broadcaster" about doing a Go Fund Me for The V Foundation in honor of Dick Vitale?

RA: I mean it's a noble cause, of course, but why are you doing that to me? Are you trying to get me riled up? 

BR: Oh...I don't know... (evil grin)

RA: So you mean the tweets where, initially, it was all about how he loves Vitale and, in the next post, he tweeted a video of his own work where he tagged Vitale because let's face it, he just wants attention from Dickie V? It's all about him, not Vitale...

BR: Mmmm hmmm... (grin grows)

RA: It's just insane narcissism and...wait...I see what you're doing and it's not going to work.

BR: Come on, now, old boy! This is your opportunity to drop the hammer about the exploding narcissism in the broadcasting world! Like the one who basically tweeted how lucky the audience and schools were that he was calling the game! This is your chance! Hammer time! Do it! DOOOOOOOOOOO IT!

RA: Yeah yeah yeah. That's enough. I'm not going to write about that in the first post of 2022.

BR: No, of course not. I wouldn't dream of pushing you to do it.

RA: OK, but why are you laughing?

BR: Oh, no reason. I'm sure we'll come up with something good to start the year with on the blog. Hey, how 'bout that Winter Classic? Let's do that hockey!

RA: Oh yeah! It's a bummer without Doc Emrick. But I'll still watch. Hey, what are you doing?

BA: Nothing! Enjoy the game! (presses "Publish")

No comments: