Thursday, January 06, 2022

Bring It! I Guess...

 


It's supposed to snow overnight.

Of course, it's no secret I'm not a fan of winter or snow. I've done my fair share of driving in it and getting stuck in it.

Remember the Halloween storm of, what was it, 2011?

It took Sean and I roughly three hours to get from Greenwich to Mahopac, which included a point on the Taconic Parkway where we slid so badly that I assumed we were going to hit a guard rail (we didn't) and a stretch where we were stuck because I couldn't get any more traction.

A random soul showed up and pushed us out. Yet, maybe 10 minutes later, we slid again, going down a hill in the Lake Secor area of Mahopac.

We walked the rest of the way home.

I'll say this. While I'd be in favor of being a snowbird in Florida right now or even hanging out with Kristy and company in North Carolina (or Jon and crew in Richmond) I'm content if a storm hits...

...and I'm home.

Look, it's not ideal, but if I have to choose, then let it snow if we're safe. Of course. That's common sense, I'd say.

I'm not criticizing you snow types. You love it and have at it!

Now, I'd want to be fully stocked wherever I am (again, assuming I'm home). I want the ability for meals, snacks, and beverages with no concerns. Preferably, of course, no loss of power and no other hardships. I realize I'm asking a lot, I suppose.

From there, it needs to be fun. I mean, it's a snow day, right?

Maybe a good movie or movies or something to binge. I've begun to dive into the UK version of "The Office," for instance. I saw some of it years ago which is why (like many) I was so skeptical of a US version.

In the end, I was wrong. It was hard to not recognize greatness.

That's what she said.

But I'd forgotten just how different the UK version is. The language and jokes are much bawdier compared to our puritanical TV on the networks here.

Understanding the accent by comparison also takes a bit of skill.

But, there are only 14 original episodes of the show so the commitment isn't that intense.

That makes for a nice binge-watch on a snow day.

Of course, be careful what you wish for because, after the storm is over, there's still a driveway to clean. Maybe the stairs also.

Since Sean is here, his car needs to be cleaned as well.

I hope -- hope -- the snowblower fires up tomorrow but the numbers aren't concerning for this storm so I can't say I'm worried but it's still a factor. I don't know of any snowplow friends these days.

I don't know Mr. Plow (that's his name, that name again is Mr. Plow).

Look, there's nothing I can do about it. It's not like I'll be traveling tomorrow. It's not like I have a game to call (sigh). No, in fact, I have work from home, so I'll be here. I can't run away from it. 

So, I guess, let it snow.

Within reason.

No comments: