Monday, January 31, 2022

Rethinking the Post

 

Another random picture: I want Tom Baker's voice occasionally
(Tom was the Fourth Doctor on "Doctor Who" ... 
if I need to explain that ... )

So, I made a mistake.

Sadly, I knew it at the moment but I thought maybe it wouldn't be bad..

I tried to kill two birds with one stone. I could write about depression and Bell Let's Talk along with admitting a few things I'm currently facing (more to come!).

I also thought I could address Joe Rogan, Neil Young, and Spotify. To that end, I initially wrote a longer version before deleting most of it.

"Leave it basic," I said out loud. "Just enough to acknowledge it."

Today, instead of literally anyone acknowledging what I wrote personally, the only comments were about Rogan.

Again, to be clear, I'm blaming myself. It should have been two separate posts.

I accept it and got what I deserved.

I was initially annoyed. I thought I'd just write, well, not a lot tonight. Honestly, what good would slapping readers on the wrist do?

No. I can't make it clear enough. The fault is with me.

Sometimes two different topics can run together. In this case, I couldn't do that. It's too toxic (huh...Tox...) a topic.

The minute I noted Mr. Rogan, Young, etc, that became the focus. Nobody was going to give a damn about mental health, my need for a place to live, or anything else.

So, this is clearly a case that is not about you. It's me.

The Spotify topic is one I should have gone nowhere near and the reactions probed my point.

So I'll learn from my mistakes.

Or I won't.

But I accept the blame.

Oh, and full disclosure, I'm on at least two podcasts that are on Spotify (and elsewhere). 

No comments: