Sunday, January 16, 2022

It's Cold

 

A couple of guys are ready for the Steelers to play

I'm coming up short tonight and I admit it.

It's 6:55 p.m. as I begin writing. The Steelers play the Chiefs at 8 p.m.

And I'm completely exhausted.

So, with a heavy heart, I ask that you forgive me as I mail this post in tonight before I put my feet up, try to avoid falling asleep, and enjoy the waning moments of the Pittsburgh football season.

No, I'm not confident in them.

You probably know I'm not much for winter. I'm also not much of a handyman. I'm more of an assistant. I can dabble a little (I'm MacGyver, after all) but I know when stuff is above my paygrade.

So, off of my rather misunderstood post last night (the title and a few other references should have given it away), I was back at it today, trying to address some issues around the house.

The other big takeaway from yesterday was that the day/night wasn't great but it never rattled me. But I digress.

But, again, I suck at this kind of task. So in temperatures that were fairly uncomfortable, I hung in there, trying to help. Occasionally I'd step back inside and warm up.

Honestly, I didn't feel like I was much of a help.

The job got done with some help from me, I guess. The biggest thing I had to do was 1) recognize my limits and 2) stop acting like I was in a race.

But wow. Gloves, multiple jackets, heavy socks, and even a winter hat. I rarely wear a winter hat.

I'm sitting on the couch with a sore back and the desire to go to sleep.

I'll rally. 

And if this is it for Big Ben, it's been a heck of a ride.

No comments: