Sunday, January 02, 2022

AB

 

(Photo: screenshot)

a) Antonio Brown is sick.

b) Antonio Brown is a selfish diva narcissist.

c) Both A and B

d) I don't have a clue.

The correct answer is d). I don't know what's up with AB. I do know he was once a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers with an electric smile and all-world skills.

He was a joy to watch and the NFL loved him.

Then something happened. Some think it was a big contract. Others think it was a nasty hit in the playoffs by Vontaze Burfict of the Bengals. Still, others say he was like this all along.

Again, I have no inside knowledge so I have no idea.

Of course, every genus is lining up with hot takes on all sides. 

For me, I just hope he gets whatever it is that he needs. 

The scene at Met Life Stadium in New Jersey was hard to watch as Brown flung off his jersey and shoulder pads as well as his undershirt and sweatbands before he ran through the end zone, flashed a "peace" sign to fans, and disappeared.

Then he left the stadium.

After the game, Bucs coach Bruce Arians said AB was no longer a member of the team. If you're keeping score, Brown has committed a lot of untethered behavior since (at least) late 2018, when he said he wasn't happy with his role on the team and blamed Ben Roethlisberger.

I'm. probably best to not discuss Big Ben and the geniuses who think they have all the answers on him. I do know that whatever happened with Ben in 2009 was 12 years ago. No charges were filed and he's been spotless every since and blah blah blah.

I've enjoyed watching him play. I was also angry with the accusations at the time.

So I'll leave it right there.

I know mental health is serious. 

But, like I said, I know nothing.

Most likely? You don't either.

No comments: