Monday, June 01, 2020

Monday, Monday

Raise your hand! Who has a case of the Mondays? (Office Space)

It's just another manic Monday (The Bangles).

Wait. the music challenge is over and has been handed off seamlessly to John Nash without my even offering or challenging.

I'm probably punchy (aka, dumber than usual) due to another night of no...what is it we're supposed to do?...ah, right, sleep.

Chico, the large gray cat, was at my side for most, if not all, of the proceedings. The only difference was I didn't turn on the TV to see more awful images of American cities in peril.

And, to be honest, those images aren't telling us everything. Yes, we see things -- the actual videos -- with our own eyes but everything before and after the camera is turned on is up for discussion.

Also, we are shown one part of a story. We (the blasted, much-maligned, awful media) can't be everywhere.

And there are plenty of J. Jonah Jameson's who want clicks and more dirty laundry!

And so, here we are. Should we go back to thinking about the pandemic? Remember that thing?

COVID-19 is so May 24.

It's almost fetch! (If "fetch" was happening, which it isn't)

Yet, right now, looking out of my lonely room ("Day After Day," Badfinger -- sorry, the music is still churning) all I see is a sunny morning. All I hear is my own typing and the birds chirping.

I'll do "Doubleheader" later (4 p.m., WGCH and Robcasting*) but I can't say I'm driven to talk sports, despite Major League Baseball players handing a new proposal (which will get shot down) to the owners.

*I'm very much pondering a Robcasting furlough. Sadly, it's not a free operation.

I keep believing. I keep trying to hang in there and be optimistic.

But, after the past couple of months, it's hard to be optimistic.

On everything. Literally everything.

Once again, words mean nothing.

Spoken to help nobody but you (Sorry, that's from "Words" by The Monkees. I really have a problem).

So, once again, we'll all drag ourselves to our appointed places.

Dialysis. The grocery store. The office (for those who are allowed). In front of the TV. Out to the rail trail. The construction job. The garbage truck. In front of a microphone.

The hot takes will all continue. I hate it. All of it.

I've never let this stuff ruin friendships and I really don't drop people because of it.

Shockingly, I respect all takes. I gather that's hard to believe.

But I'm close to a breakdown. Which means more steamy content for you. All praise clicks!

Somewhere, off in the distance, a dog is barking.

Nearby, the large gray cat is purring.

I don't like Mondays. (Boomtown Rats. I'll stop)


No comments: