Monday, June 22, 2020

The Nonsense Rings Out

A happy broadcaster was (almost) where he belongs
Oh, it just continues.

One hot take after another.

God forbid, but I dared to mention that the Ken Griffey, Jr narrative about him being dissed at Yankee Stadium when he father played for the Bombers is old news to me.

Here's the deal: Junior is an all-world, all-time great. I'm glad he hated the Yankees and, for their part, the Yankees never seemed to really want him.

Junior got the best of New York in the '95 ALDS.

The Yankees won the World Series in '96, '98, 99, and '00.

I think it all turned out just fine.

As for the noose found in Bubba Wallace's stall at Talladega, I'm sure I made a mistake in posting anything about it last night, but I stand by my belief that it is, "Absolutely sickening and unacceptable."

I get that there have been recent stories saying that a "noose" turned out to be not that, but why should I even question the members of Wallace's team or NASCAR? I'm taking the story at face value but, to be sure, some on my Facebook page have gone for the "Jussie Smollett" card.

If it turns out to be nothing, then it will be addressed but, to me, I'm not dismissing it. I said I want to listen and you bet I'm going to walk that walk.

But, then again, I'm a member of the ... what was it? ... oh, yeah "insufferable Connecticut media." Of course, I'm also in New York. Hmmm ... which is it? Can I be both?

Is there a certificate?

In fact, I just watched the end of Wallace's race after weather shut it down yesterday. His post-race interview was nothing but class and grace.

Ryan Blaney won the race because fairy tales aren't always reality, but Bubba Wallace won also.

He won fans and stared down hatred.

He left his mask off so whoever did what they did could see his face.

Great stuff.

I got to be at Dutchess Stadium today for something they wanted me to record and, at the same time, do Doubleheader.

What a blast.

Really, that's all I wanted to say. It was just a blast.

And I'll be back.

Steve Gliner was my guest and it was great to talk about the business of MiLB.

He talked about the views. I'll finish with two pictures I took after the show.



No comments: