Saturday, June 06, 2020

Remembering D-Day



I had a different opening written that somehow got deleted.

Doesn't matter.

Simply put, I'm tapped out and wish to pause from literally everything tonight.

I mean no disrespect with that statement.

Instead I'm here to simply honor those who fought in Operation Overloard, more commonly known as D-Day.

There were over 10,000 Allied casualties and 4,414 deaths.

I apologize if it's somehow insensitive or incorrect to thank them for their sacrifice but those are the words I'm choosing.

I also wish to acknowledge those journalists who were present -- whether with the troops or helping the deliver the news back at home. I greatly admire all of them, including my electronic brethren.

Thank you, all.

For more on the radio coverage of D-Day, visit this page from the Miller Center at UVA.


No comments: