Thursday, June 25, 2020

Comings and Goings

Is "Patriots" OK? Asking for a friend.

June 25th is in the books.

Tomorrow, my son will reach the finale of his high school years.

Tonight, his school honored seniors with a light show parade.

Well, they tried in these difficult times.

They flashed pictures of the students on the building and a DJ played tunes appropriate to the Class of 2020 as we drove through the John Jay parking lot.

It finished with rows of the seniors in their class pictures. Of course, I couldn't find Sean's picture.

They meant well, and Sean and I laughed through it as we drove. My son has become quite the funny one.

Hopefully, a chip off the old block, I guess.

There's always tomorrow when it all comes to an end.

And I guess we'll deal with that then.

June 25th also means it's Susan's birthday.

No, in truth, that's the first thing I think of. It's hardly an afterthought.

I'd write more but she wouldn't want that.

I'll say this: there's no better friend, journalist, editor, or person.

You'd be honored to have her in your life.

As I am.

No comments: