Saturday, June 13, 2020

Cheater! Cheater!

"So, Aaron, what system do you guys use?"
There's a report out today that the Yankees had their own sign stealing scandal.

OK. And?

The reaction from Astros/Red Sox/Mets fans and, literally, everyone else has been predictable.

I actually considered the old trusty popcorn eating GIF as I watched.


via PandaGIF

(I always laugh when I consider noted Mets fan Jerry Seinfield used the 90s Yankees as a catalyst in his legendary show. No, I'm not forgetting the Keith Hernandez/Roger McDowell elements.)

Whatever comes of it, expect scorched Earth from me when the item hits the air-blowing device.

If the Yankees are guilty of something more heinous, then OK. They must be punished and punished severely.

And if is just a regurgitation of the earlier item they had their hand slapped for, then I'd consider going into hiding.

The usual cast of characters couldn't wait to accost on this.

Bring it, I say. Whatever is in this letter should be unsealed.

The Astros still cheated and won a World Series. I further believe they got away with with some shady stuff in '19 as well.

And the Red Sox in '18? I stand firm on that one also.

The Yankees' cheating -- assuming there has been any beyond the Apple Watch thing that is already well-known -- produced what?

Zero World Series appearances. Zero titles.

As for the Mets fans, well, hmmm...well I'm sure you guys have always been clean. Sure. Given I just read a note about the Mets flashing signs that they picked up from a TV camera in the '86 World Series, I'm thinking you might want to step down.

I've been consistent through all of this.I haven't said to strip anyone of titles, despite people arguing with me on a daily basis (at the time). I continue to believe that.

I also said -- AT THE TIME -- that everyone is guilty to a certain degree. The Yankees had their wrists slapped. Now the question is if Rob Manfred covered up more. Let's find out, shall we?

I find it funny that habitual cheaters like Alex Bregman and Carlos Correa crawled out of their holes to mock today's news. Maybe sit this one, boys. Bregman has, in fact, already deleted his tweet.

There's plenty to go around. From there, it's a question of severity.

Oh, and for what it's worth, it's a nifty little news dump in the middle of a whiny, acrimonious dispute between players and owners.

Nice try, gang.

If they're guilty, I will explode.

If not, ditto.

Bring it on.

No comments: