Thursday, January 06, 2011

Warm Thoughts

Just saw this from Pete Dougherty, in his Sports Media blog on the Albany Times-Union website.

I'm not in love with the idea of starting the season on a Thursday, or playing on March 31st, but it does bring a smile to my face.  I also don't like - at all - how ESPN has taken Opening Day (to me, a holiday - my real first day of the year) and bastardized it.  However nobody should be surprised that our major sports leagues - worldwide - have allowed TV to dictate.

Sad.

Baseball is coming!  Now what that means for the 2011 Yankees is anyone's guess.  Plenty of offense, and a rotation that consists of CC, Hughes, and...and...ugh...

Right now, the Bombers are, to me, the third best team in the American League East, in back of Boston and Tampa Bay.  They've got some work to do.

(Haters, please reread that last paragraph again.  You will notice that I do not live with "pinstripe-colored spectacles" on.  I simply don't drink the Bronx Flavor Aid.)

Pitchers and catchers are just over a month away from arriving.  Spring is coming!

No comments: