Monday, January 03, 2011

2011

I had a different lede written here, and deleted it.  Just trying to do things better.  Always learning.

For the second time in two weeks, I took a long weekend hiatus from the blog, the Book (face), in fact from the computer in total.  Carrie and I welcomed 1/1/11 at her place, and I probably owe her better, though she said she enjoyed the quiet night.  We'll work on that.  I have to get over whatever my problems are, I guess, and lighten up.

That being said, it was a nice night of college football and food, along with lots of laughing.

Back to the hiatus.  I found it good and much needed, and will continue to do so.  I was even home Sunday morning for a bit, and went nowhere near the computer.  Of course that means there are a lot of emails and such to catch up with, but it can wait.  I figure true emergencies will get to me via phone, right?

So nobody heard from me online.  No Facebook posts via my cell phone.  No tweets.  Texting, phone calls, and face-to-face were the ways to get hold of me.  And even then, various texts went unresponded to.

Not exactly ground-breaking, but I still thought it was good.  It's a start.

No comments: