Sunday, January 09, 2011

The Sickness in Arizona

The attack that left Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords stunned me.  At least yesterday.

Today I'm pissed.

Let's start with the fact that too many in the media announced Giffords' death, which as we found out, was inaccurate.  Crap, I even popped one of their links on my Facebook page (since deleted).  OK, bad enough.  We (the media) need, once again, to look in the mirror and get the story right instead of fighting to be fist.

Today, she's fighting and communicating.  Truth is, I don't even know what party she belongs to.  I frankly don't care (I just Googled her...she's a Democrat).  Just get well, and soon.  May whoever is in charge of this world look over her.

PS - I don't care about the politics.  I don't care about Sarah Palin's so-called role in this (not that it isn't a legitimate question).  I'm more concerned that, as of last check, nine people are dead in a totally random fashion.


So let's ask the question once again: how does this happen?  How does a nine year-old die?  HOW?  To quote a current common abbreviation (thus sparing me of writing the word): WTF?  It turns out the child was the granddaughter of former Phils' and Yankees' (and Mets') manager Dallas Green.  That's just an FYI.


Watch this, and try not to be sickened.

I need one of you good religious folks to explain this to me.  I don't care what religion you believe in.  Make me understand things like this from "God's" point of view.

Because

I

Don't

Get

It.

And I'll stop there, because I feel a rage that would simply leave verbal carnage all over this blog.

I'm going to return to packing for California and watching football now.

No comments: