Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Walk This Way



Stop and Shop -- Mahopac, NY


**First up, Blogger has changed their interface from the version that they've had for years. What they call the "Legacy Interface" will only be available through next month. This is why you might read this post on my new WordPress site, which is currently at https://robcastingradio.wordpress.com/blog/. I've moved the entire archive over there and am now deciding about the future of this little enterprise. Today's the anniversary of AJ sending me the Robcasting logo (that you'll see over at the WordPress site). Now, on with our regularly-scheduled program.

I said they didn't work. Most people ignore them or don't see them. When I wrote about it on Facebook, some scolded me.

Of course, because even ARROWS cause people to take sides.

In the Stop and Shop in Somers (Baldwin Place), I noticed some of them have been scraped off the floor and many of the "one way" signs have disappeared.

The Stop and Shop in Mahopac (it was a Grand Union a lifetime ago) still has them, as seen in the picture above. I had to get out of the way of wayward shoppers going the wrong way. I'm always looking around for the arrows and admit that, when not in a grid, it's easy to make a mistake.

But I see too many not even trying and I'm not going to shame them, other than a headshake. I see and hear too much about shaming people over one thing or another and that's just not my thing.

So, when I posted about the arrows on Facebook a few weeks back, one of the comments posed the question. "What's the better idea?" (I'm paraphrasing)

The answer is just get rid of the damn arrows. They don't work and only add an extra layer of stress to an already-taxed world.

For the most part people are avoiding one another anyway (save for the idiots at the big ol' petri dish hootenannies!), so why continue to go with arrows that only cause more chaos? 

Besides, stores have enough to do with enforcing masks.

Let's find some other things to worry about.

*****
Oh, hey, did I mention that this little ol' thing called baseball is starting for real tomorrow night?

That's right. Complain all you want but it's happening!

Though admittedly the Blue Jays situation is a mess. Could they actually wind up as road warriors after Pennsylvania's Department of Health gave them the stop sign?

I mean, if there are complaints about other places, how is Baltimore then a possibility, given Maryland is on the travel restrictions list for New York?

Oh it will all be fun to watch and it begins tomorrow!

PLAY BALL!

No comments: