Saturday, July 18, 2020

Happy But Exhausted

Don't judge
After the complete sadness of yesterday, we rallied to celebrate Sean's graduation today.

But, in truth, I stayed active to not think about yesterday. I was awake by three a.m. and, with the exception of a short stretch just after five, I've been awake since.

And in party prep mode since roughly 8:30.

Move a table, clean the coolers, mow the lawn, wash my car, go the grocery store, nearly get into a fight with an entitled jackass in the parking lot, make two trips to said grocery store, and on and on until ready to collapse.

We were sorry to not have as many people as we wanted and we missed those who couldn't make it.

But, in the end, the backyard brimmed with laughter, love, and activity for the first time in years.

It's how it used to be, at least once per summer if not more.

However, to pull this off in the summer of COVID was quite impressive.

So, while I'd love to write more, I'm going to post a few pictures and call it a night.

The post was going to be about that clown in the parking lot but, in the end, why? The payoff was a day that made Sean happy.

That's enough.

No comments: