Thursday, July 16, 2020

Post Game


It was after 8:00 when I looked around and realized I was the only one left at the baseball field.

Greenwich had just finished off a 7-2 baseball win over Westport

I soaked it in for a moment since I was temporarily too tired to drive and just wanted to regain some adrenaline.

This might have gotten me in trouble at one time, especially if anyone else was with me, but in this spot, I was alone in my thoughts.

I allowed myself the moment.

I'd given it my all.

I had just finished one of those broadcasts where I felt like I had found the groove. These don't happen too often and I'm often nitpicking at everything. I still did in this case, but I felt good about the call.

There are times when I see the field of play better than normal and the words flow with ease. My body can even feel it.

This was one of those nights. It's a time in which I allow myself to think I'm where I should be, as opposed to those nights when I drive away wondering what the heck I'm doing.

But the rhythm was good and the compliments were nice so I guess I did something right.

When it all comes together like that there's no place I'd rather be.

I'll figure out a few games to call next week.

I drove home tired but feeling accomplished.
 

No comments: