Saturday, July 18, 2009

Subliminal Messages

If you heard the end of yesterday's edition of "The Press Box" (and I KNOW YOU ALL DID), you heard a caller, "Sean", offer thoughts regarding baseball.

I expected him to combat the comments of Matt Hamilton, praising the offseason moves of the New York Rangers, but he didn't.

Anyway, after Sean dashed off the phone in his usual manner, I decided to have some fun. I said (roughly paraphrasing), "Make sure to listen to the "Sean Kilkelly Show", debuting Sunday night at six on Blog Talk Radio."



Sean's official announcement is here. Sean has been kind enough to ask me to join him occasionally. That will be fun.

His show will be a continuation of his blog and I think you can expect good stuff. Witty, smart commentary, with a heavy dose of common sense and good farts.

If you're new to this blog, don't ask. Sean knows what it means.

In other "Linkage/Off The Bench" news:

I mentioned this on yesterday's show - the Lehigh Valley IronPigs wore tuxedo uniforms. This article from Benjamin Hill explains why, with more pictures.

Last year an unnamed friend/blogger/Giants fan spoke of how he was so happy the Jints drafted Eli Manning and not Ben Roethlisberger. Then Plaxico Burress disappeared and so did Eli's accuracy and the 2008 Giants' season. Oh, and Big Ben won a second Super Bowl ring - with a crazy fourth-quarter drive to seal it. Behind The Steel Curtain compares the two. Edge=Roethlisberger.

I've been consistent. I wanted Big Ben in the 'Burgh on draft day. Bought a jersey days later. I still like him.

You know my attachment to the road. So have you ever jumped in the car with no idea where to go - you just drive? Well "Swan Fungus" did so in California and posted the results on WFMU's Beware of the Blog.

No comments: