Saturday, July 18, 2009

Macca Rocks the Citi

Guess who hit a home run at Citi Field last night?

Hah - you're funny. The Mets weren't home and they don't hit home runs.

The correct answer is the guy who helped rock Shea in 1965 with a little ol' band called The Beatles.

Paul McCartney.

OK, Sir Paul McCartney. Whatever

Check out the setlist, courtesy of Glenn Gamboa at Newsday:

SETLIST: Drive My Car / Jet / Only Mama Knows / Flaming Pie / Got To Get You Into My Life / Let Me Roll It/Purple Haze / Highway / The Long and Winding Road / My Love / Blackbird / Here Today / Dance Tonight / Calico Skies / Mrs. Vanderbilt / Eleanor Rigby / Sing the Changes / Band on the Run / Back in the U.S.S.R. / I’m Down / Something / I’ve Got a Feeling / Paperback Writer / A Day in the Life/Give Peace a Chance / Let It Be / Live and Let Die / Hey Jude // ENCORES: Day Tripper / Lady Madonna / I Saw Her Standing There (with Billy Joel) / Yesterday / Helter Skelter / Get Back / Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band/The End

I like this mix, that blends his solo work (including Wings) with that other band. A little Billy Joel sprinkled in, on "I Saw Her Standing There", doesn't hurt either.

There's another show tonight and one more on Tuesday before he goes to Landover, MD and eventually to Fenway Park for two shows. I hope he's OK with that, as he's a big Yankees fan.

This is a true statement.

MAJOR UPDATE: There are still tickets available for tonight's show and I just bought one. A review will follow.

No comments: