Monday, July 27, 2009

Checking In

I'm here - fear not (like you were losing sleep over it anyway).

Should be a busy week, starting today with "The Press Box" at 2:00 PM Eastern. As soon as the show is over, I'll be heading up to Dutchess Stadium to call the Hudson Valley Renegades/Staten Island Yankees tilt. Game time is just after 7:00 PM.

I was going to go to Staten Island on Tuesday night, but I'm not. On the plus side, it saves me the gas and tolls but on the down side, it's one more game that I won't do. *Sigh*

We're off to Maryland on Friday, to call the Gades and Aberdeen IronBirds Friday and Saturday nights.

"The Press Box" can be heard here. The Renegades are here.

I'm can't even begin to tell you how awful this story is. Wrong way drivers seem to get on the Taconic several times per year - I saw one a long time ago but they quickly turned around. But those who commented on the story are...well...sad.

While on the subject of hideously sad stories, Jon from R-VA, USA sent along this one. You didn't know the person, nor did I. But I met her for all of about one minute a month or so back. Jon and his coworkers at CarMax are very sad about it, and the office isn't exactly peppy today.

You just know, especially when she was the first face you saw in the building, that everybody loved her.

Remind me one day to write about the many annoying choices that childrens' TV has to offer. Start with "Dora", "The Wiggles", and "Barney" and we'll go from there.

Things are well in Yankees-land. That's all I have to say about that.

It's finally hot and humid in New York. Just sayin'.

The old blogaroonie picks up new readers on occasion, largely thanks to Facebook. That is mostly a good thing, but it does shine a spotlight on things as well. It's part of the deal.

I do owe you a Dave Matthews Band review (or should I say, a review of that night). It's partially written. I just need to fill in some details. We need to check in with "Linkage" and "Off the Bench" as well.

That's all for now though.

No comments: