Thursday, July 02, 2009

Road Pictures Coming...Eventually



First, gaze to your right at the new profile picture. Assuming it hasn't changed by the time you read this, it is a self-portrait, taken on Belle Isle in Richmond. A little Gades love doesn't hurt, right?

By the way, I'm glad I didn't make the trek to Dutchess Stadium tonight. No game due to bad field conditions. They tried so hard last night. Doubleheader tomorrow. I probably won't make it. sigh.

So the picture above was taken just before the entrance to the Fort McHenry Tunnel in Baltimore on Interstate 95. The font on the sign is called Clearview and is not super-dee-duper popular in the road enthusiast world. As such, I don't think I'll be changing the Exit 55 picture just yet.

I have about 800 (!) pictures that will be coming aboard soon, but I'm sort of particular about the process, making sure that I've written descriptions and cataloged everything. I think - for the first time - I will put them on the Flickr site and add the notes later on. Honestly, it's getting re-goll-dang-diculous and it's time to load them.

Incidentally, 800 pictures is nothing for some, such as my friend Doug Kerr, who loads 800 per day (or at least it seems like that).

No comments: