Thursday, June 25, 2009

You Can Admit It

WNEW's blog put together five classic rock bands that you pretend to hate.

With these five, I'd have to admit that I don't often have to pretend - especially with Boston and Styx (can we have a moratorium on "More Than a Feeling?"). And domo arigato Mr. Roboto? Yikes! Bon Jovi is a like-hate thing. I don't really have anything against REO Speedwagon.

Really, let's face it, after their first album or two, they probably ceased to be classic rock. Or...if they're classic rock, then so are Huey Lewis and the News. I mean, "I Can't Fight This Feeling" is as syrupy (and more so) than "Stuck with You." I mean, bring on the pancakes!

I'm sure we could get a list going of guilty musical pleasures (mine always seems to begin with Hall and Oates). I'm sure my iTunes would reveal many others, as I don't pretend to be musically cool and like bands that only can be liked while sucking down half of the marijuana output in this country.

I'm not naming names.

No comments: