Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Something From Aqua NOT Called "Barbie Girl"

Come on, admit it. You remember "Barbie Girl", a poppy confection that was all over the radio in 1997. I remember laughing to the song, and even singing the male parts with two people who were very important in my life.

OK, I was married to one and the other was her sister (who was at times almost like a best friend - we were that close...sigh).

Digressing, and not wanting to jump into Rule 55 territory, let's move on.

So the gang over at Stuck in the 80's pointed out that the band has a best of (wait, what?) and a new song, called "Back to the 80's."

I couldn't help but watch the video to see what it was all about. I wasn't planning to write about it, or post the video, but then...at the start of the second verse...it hit me like a hammer!

Co-lead singer Lene Nystrøm Rasted sings, "When Huey Lewis was the News", and I stopped the video and started typing. I needed no more. They chose to recognize the mighty under appreciated HLN and that was enough for me.

Enjoy (and it just might get stuck in your head...don't say I didn't warn you).


Oh and since I wrote, "it hit me like a hammer" above, I guess I must tell you that's a reference to...wait for it...a Huey Lewis and the News song of the same name. The original video is here (embedding not allowed, natch). It's such a 90's video. Whatever. So let's embed a live performance!

The boys are playing in the area this summer and I can't quite convince myself to go alone (I have the same issue with Bruce, by the way). Sigh...again.

No comments: