Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Is Jorge Posada a Hall of Famer?

It's a question I've quietly pondered for just a moment, but it's one that Jonah Keri breaks down quite nicely. Have to admit that it's a compelling argument.

Of the Yankees from the late 90's into the early part of the 21st Century, we know that Derek Jeter and Mariano Rivera are no-doubt locks for the Hall. Bernie Williams isn't close enough for me. Mike Mussina merits a look but likely won't get the nod (by the way, I will raise a better case for Moose if Bert Blyleven ever gets in). I want to see how Andy Pettitte finishes his career but as of right now, my answer is "no."

Then there's Roger Clemens. Oy.

Of course, Wade Boggs is in, but let's be fair. His numbers were earned with the Red Sox.

After reading this article, it seems to me the late 90's Bombers could have three heading to Cooperstown (four, if you count Joe Torre).

No comments: