Monday, November 15, 2021

Monday Night Rob

 


Yeah.

It's one of those nights.

I've been sitting in my office at home working, essentially, since around 10:15 this morning.

Frankly, I like working from home and I'm quite good at it.

I was working on the breakdown and re-re-re-re-(I've lost count)-rebuilding of my home studio.

Which will be rebuilt again in the not-too-distant future.

Some of that is out of necessity and some of that is just me being me.

Oh, I did laundry also. Which is currently sitting in the dryer, likely done for a few hours.

I also tried to do a podcast (we rescheduled), hosted "Doubleheader," did some rearranging and cleaning, edited a few broadcasts (including the Stamford/Greenwich game from last Saturday), and caught up on some clerical stuff.

Keeping my calendar organized is a trick. Either nobody wants me or everyone wants me. I generally prefer the latter but sometimes crave the former.

Oh, there's no question I could use a true break. I ran to weddings and games and have not slowed down. I don't suspect I'll be slowing down in the near future either.

Thanksgiving could be a break. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. No, it won't! There will be things to do basically every day.

For instance, we're back to the routine that existed from 2001-2019. Up early on Thanksgiving morning and drive to a football game. Call game, drive to Thanksgiving meal, fall asleep.

Those game sites have been Danbury High School, Boyle Stadium (Stamford), Staples Stadium (Westport) and, of course, Cardinal Stadium in Greenwich. Did I miss anyone? That's it. Four different sites over basically 20 years.

I "check out" when I sleep and I don't do a lot of that lately either. I mean, it's not terrible but it's certainly not sound.

I've lined up what will likely be two games this weekend (it could have been three). They're not confirmed yet so I'll keep them in my pocket for now. Both are pretty exciting.

I'm nosing around the winter schedule to see what I can do. I'm looking forward to hockey and basketball.

I've plotted the next year of Hunt Scanlon conferences and teaching assignments for CSB.

I see the Winter Classic is happening again in Greenwich. I had a blast the other times I did those games. Do they want a broadcaster? Inquire within!

The times they are a-changing.

That's what I'm thinking about tonight.

No comments: