Friday, May 15, 2020

The Wedding Song

Love stinks? WHOOPITY-DOO!
We've reached the end of the fortnight in the 30-Day Song Challenge

Day 14: A song you'd love to be played at your wedding

Hmmm. How to answer this one?

We all know there are so many songs that speak of love. Honestly, do I need to put the links up?

Some just get it so right.

There are rockers and slow-dancers and mid-tempo and up-tempo and I'm sure you get the idea.

Some songs work perfectly. They say the right message. Some, well, um ... "Every Breath You Take" is just wrong unless dangerous obsession is your thing.

The song I immediately thought of speaks of the power of love (hey, I like the sound of that). It speaks of just being blown away that someone loves you, and loves you right.

To be honest, it probably isn't a "first dance" song (though I guess anything is possible). It might be an introduction song or a cake-cutting song or a filler. But I think I'd want to hear it.

And I'd want to hear it right.

I appreciate the studio version but the true power of this Paul McCartney classic about his beloved Linda comes in the live version on the Wings Over America album.

This just hits it. Oh, and if you want a slower Macca tune, try "My Valentine," written for wife Nancy Shevell.

"Maybe I'm a man and maybe I'm a lonely man who's in the middle of something that he doesn't really understand..."

"Maybe I'm Amazed."

Yep. All the feels, as "they" say.

No comments: