Tuesday, May 19, 2020

A Casual Observer

If Creed Bratton was groovy, why can't we all be? (Reddit)

I almost exploded this morning.

I was looking at co-conspirator John Nash's Facebook post. I understood completely what he was saying.

I also understood the views and opinions of each comment (numbering 38 at last check).

The contents are the property of John and I'm not going to lay the whole thing out here.

Like me, John shoots from the hip but also works with a tongue firmly planted in cheek. It makes his writing worth the time but, given this was a Facebook post, it's not for public consumption.

But I share his frustration.

What concerns me -- not speaking for John -- is the extremism of this time. Those on the wings ruin it for those either closer to middle or in the middle.

That's entirely what is missing here: common sense.

Because it's not common.

So, instead of some rant, I chose instead to stay positive. I see a mostly sunny day with a temperature of 71 degrees at press time.

The bulk pickup that had been growing for two months at the end of the driveway was picked up today. Everything is gone -- even those things that shouldn't have been included because I assume the crew felt they could utilize it somehow. Seeing things be salvaged and repurposed makes me happy.

I'm healthy. My mom is fine. The cat is fine. Sean is here and he's fine.

Up to a point, I'm living my life because it simply can't be avoided, I go out nearly every day. I serve as a chauffeur and delivery man for my family. That's the shortest way to explain it and I appreciate nobody judging me.

I wear my mask and follow the guidelines, though I know I've failed a few times.

Still, I'm frustrated.

On the downside, I miss working and I'm scared. Very. I have a huge car decision to make and bills that have to be dealt with. Gov. Cuomo won't protect certain things. Let's put it that way.

There's no help for that.

There was bad news in the day also -- but not worth getting into. Things happen. I found the positive in it and moved on. It's a bummer but I'm certainly determined to make the best of the day.

I texted someone earlier and apologized for sounding like a motivational poster.

Tomorrow, this could all be different, but what have we said on this blog for probably 12-13 years?

Keep moving forward.

That's what we're doing today.

*****
Song challenge time. I could have used the same song that I used yesterday.

Day 18: A song from the year you were born

As usual, I obsessed over this. Then, it hit me.

I love The Office. I probably even love it more now than when it was on. I listen to the Office Ladies podcast and respect those who don't get it or don't like it.

I worked in an office. I understand the insanity, especially in the corporate world. I've dealt with basically all of the characters.

While good ol' 1968 wasn't such a great year in that a) we lost MLK, b) we lost RFK, c) Vietnam was still raging, d) it wasn't '67 (and the "Summer of Love" was over), and d) I was born, there were some pretty good tunes.

And Creed Bratton was playing guitar in The Grass Roots, long before Creed Bratton moved to Dunder Mifflin in Scranton.

Thus, "Midnight Confessions" is the call (that's Creed playing guitar on the left).

"In my midnight confessions when I tell all the world that I love you..."

No comments: