Wednesday, May 27, 2020

I Wound Up On Zoom

"Special guest appearance by..."
"The Clubhouse" had the night off. So no Zoom meeting for me tonight.

Er...no.

When I saw the Renegades were doing a zoom call with Doug Waechter, who authored the lone no-hitter in team history, I was definitely interested. When I saw Sean Ford would be on it, I knew I had to watch. Sean called the no-hitter that night in 2000 and let a weird dude into the booth the following year.

We've been friends ever since.

So I watched quietly and enjoyed the conversation, anchored by Rick Zolzer.

Sean was breaking down the events of the game when he mentioned Ronald Acuña.

No, not Ronald Acuña Jr.

Huh, that name sounds familiar, they surmised.

With a quick review of the interwebs I deduced that Ronald Acuña is the father of Ronald Acuña Jr. The senior Acuña, playing for the Pittsfield Mets, became the final out of the no-hitter.

I texted Sean, who was participating from his home in North Dakota. As they reached a break in the Zoom call, Sean asked for an audible.

"Hey Zolz, can we bring on Rob Adams?"

My old partner was determined to make sure that I was the one to present the news.

He's always been too kind and it was fun to say hello.

In a small way, it was wonderful to do a something with the Renegades.

Next Wednesday I'll be back on Zoom with The Clubhouse again.

*****
Day 26: A song that makes you want to fall in love

Haven't we sort of been here already? Wasn't that the basis of the wedding song back in day 14?

So, to be honest, I'm not going to put a whole lot of thought into this one because I think I'll hurt my brain otherwise.

It's back to The Beatles we go.

"To lead a better life, I need my love to be here..."

No comments: