Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Survival

I'm pretty sick of memes but I saw this one and thought it was pretty good

We'll get through this.

I keep telling myself that.

I keep telling you that.

But the news continues to be bad.

Oh, wait. I know. The media.

"We" suck. I see it every day, thanks in part to a president who has waged an all-out war on the industry that I'm a part of.

And that's another thing: man, I'm sick of the obsession with talking about 45 (both good and bad). Right now, harping on political nonsense isn't going to help things. Look, I'm frankly no fan of anything named Cuomo, but I'm honest and fair enough to say the governor of New York has been quite good through this.

But, let's spend an extra moment on the "horrible" media.

Yes, we have bad apples. We've been through that. Yes, there's a desire by some to be first as opposed to accurate. Yes, everything is about web clicks and ratings.

I could continue but I know it's a tough battle. It's also a battle I believe in.

There are many of us doing a solid, honorable job.

Please stop blaming "the media." It's the easy low-hanging fruit.

But, let's get back to us getting through this.

I'm the one who could use a little picking up. It's just gotten scary and demoralizing and we really haven't bottomed out yet.

Financially, this is deadly for me, if I may speak personally for a moment.

Then, of course, is the interpersonal impact.

What's the future? I know -- bite it off in small chunks. A day at a time.

I know I don't have it worse than anyone else. I guess I'm just babbling out loud.

There have been positives. I'm not normally home this much so I've been able to clean around the house -- both inside and out.

I've rebuilt my broadcast studio probably four times now and have even considered relocating it.

Anyway, I guess I need to keep reminding myself that we're going to get through this, and that's really why I struggled to put a post together last night.

We'll get through this.

Right?

No comments: