Sunday, March 29, 2020

STOP!

Who thinks this is OK? (Parking lot of DeCicco's in Jefferson Valley, NY)

OK, I've had enough.

We've tried to run a fine line between anxious and upbeat here.

Tonight, I'm mad.

Depending on your interpretation we're around three weeks into this pandemic. Yet, somehow, so many people are not getting it.

The stories are awful. Here's one from Susan about a healthy woman from Darien who suddenly picked up the COVID-19 virus.

This story could be worse (spoiler alert) but, well, read it for yourself.

This thing is bad and, if you don't think so -- if you REALLY think we're overreacting at this point -- wouldn't it at least be prudent to pay the warnings a little mind?

I mean, is there anyone stupid enough to think this is a hoax at this point?

This going to impact everyone somehow.

I know friends of friends who have died from it.

It has now impacted my family.

I can't go to the grocery store without being very concerned, and that's the only place I go these days.

And yet -- yet -- there are those still gathering in groups like it's a big joke.

Read that again: a joke.

There are those dumb enough to have parties. Some of those parties are actually "Corona" parties.

Oooooh...what a contrarian you are! So edgy!

You're an ass is what you are.

From the dopes who went to Florida for Spring Break -- "If I get corona, I get to corona"-- to those at Mardi Gras to people who think they can gather for any ol' reason (sports practices, neighborhood parties, even weddings) I seriously have to ask:

Serious question: what is wrong with you?

(OK, maybe not YOU...but you. Or you. But not you.)

This thing isn't being picky. Like cancer, it doesn't discriminate.

Tom Hanks. Rita Wilson. Princes Charles. Doris Burke. Boris Johnson. Idris Elba. James. Dolan. Rudy Gobert (forever the answer to a trivia question). Kevin Durant. Just a small sample of the "famous" names to be receive positive test results for coronavirus.

And, tonight, musician John Prine is "critical."

I mean, what more do you need?

I know the first selectman of two towns personally, and both have had to close segments of their respective towns because people would not stay away in groups.

At this point, I don't care who it is or why.

I have a mother that I have to look after.

I also have to be slightly concerned with myself.

This is easily summed up: stay home. Go out for necessities (food/life/death-type of stuff).

The sooner you do it -- the more you do it -- the sooner it will all be over.

I'm not working. My son has to go to school via computer. He's losing his senior year. He might lose his graduation and prom.

People are losing a lot.

But stop bitching about it, sack up, binge watch something or read or whatever, and make smarter decisions.

Let's get this over with.

*****
One last thing, and it's about that picture.

Honestly, who throws (or drops) their gloves in the parking lot of a grocery store (or wherever) and thinks that's OK?

I was in another parking lot where there were four pairs on the ground.

It's unnecessary and gross, plus it puts those cleaning that up (because you're too good to do it yourself) in danger.

I'm a little tapped out with society tonight.

Let's hope for better stories tomorrow.

Stay safe and I'll see you for Doubleheader at 4:00 p.m.

No comments: