Thursday, March 19, 2020

Doubleheader From Home

"We're dealing with a lot of s***" (Among the topics on today's show)
So I did the show from home today.

Overall, I felt it was OK.

Despite testing and preparing, the phone stopped working and wasn't ready for the show.

Frustrated, I walked away. I thought I'd try again tomorrow.

But I rallied and gave it a go.

After it was over, I replaced some cables and tried some different things. The phone line -- as we speak -- works.

Basically, if you don't know, the phone has to run through a mixer so that listeners can hear both the caller and me. Plus the listener needs to hear me and vice-versa.

Before the show, I could hear the caller. They couldn't hear me.

In the process, something called a "mix-minus" needs to be created so that there isn't a feedback loop being created.

As I said, it's working. Right now.

But, leading up to 4 p.m., it took a moment to regain my mojo.

It's the walk of putting so much into something we do.

If you missed it, it's archived in several places: Mixcloud, Archive.org, Mixlr, as well as still being on my Facebook page.

Lastly, I used it to revive my podcast, "Tales From the Booth."

Please give it a listen. I'm planning to try again tomorrow.

I want it to be a community as we deal with this crazy time in history.

I'm not against adding Instagram or Periscope but I need a way for it to work technically.

It's a work in progress. I have to stop expecting perfection.

So, maybe I'll see you tomorrow.

No comments: