Monday, March 23, 2020

Nah

A Mahopac scene from earlier today
Occasionally, I know it's time for a night off.

Mostly, you tell me. I see the numbers dwindle and realize the product is likely stale and boring.

Therefore, this writer is also.

I feel down. It's probably the weather, but it's also lots of realities.

You don't need down. You need encouraging and positive stories.

In truth, I'm waking up most nights around 3 a.m. lately for one reason or another. Then the demons stroll in and hang out. Sometimes I'll get back to sleep after awhile.

I think I've just had too many nights of that. Too much of this rat race right now.

Too much of trying to write things that will inspire and excite you. And failing.

But, it's more than that. It's fighting with computers that can't handle what I'm trying to do and struggling with lack of technology in one form or another, all while being pulled at in several different ways. These are things that everyone is experiencing right now and, most days, you suck it up and move on.

Then there comes that one night where you're just shot.

That's me right now.

Let's try again tomorrow.

In a wonderful example of Rule 55 (aka, "Rob shuts up"), let's hear from someone whom everyone likes to hear from.


No comments: