Saturday, March 21, 2020

Do Some Good

(Darien Times)


We need good stories these days.

Sure, we're all trying to survive and every day feels like a roller coaster.

For one thing, we need to keep an eye on mental health because the demons don't take vacations during pandemics.

So let's do what we can to keep an eye on that. It's one of many things we have to keep looking at.

Check in on all of our friends. Check in on ourselves.

Like I said, it's a roller coaster. It definitely is for me.

Boredom hasn't gotten the best of me yet. I'm surviving.

But, again, we need good stories, and I've got one.

Today on the Darien Times website (best in the biz), our friend Susan brought the story of a GoFundMe that I think is worth reading about.

Say what you want. Play the pessimistic card.

Good people exist everywhere. This is good being done by good people: Mr. David Genovese of Baywater Properties.

Funny, but I bet this won't get many reads or retweets or positive comments. It doesn't sell.

"Get the widow on the set," Don Henley sang. "We need dirty laundry."

That's all that is wanted by the mercenaries in the media who make the rest of us look bad.

As many have said (and it's worth repeating): stick with trusted news sources.

Like the Darien Times.

And maybe this little avenue of the world.

Let's keep doing some good. Maybe it will catch on.

No comments: