Friday, March 27, 2020

My Friday Night

James Harrison after his INT return...or me after I watched that game
Time is tight tonight but there's enough time to say hello.

I made the decision to bring my son here tonight for the weekend. You might disagree but he has been quarantined and he social distances as well as anyone. He'll stay in his room, come out to eat or take a shower, and maybe pet Chico.

And I'm glad he's here.

I watched a replay of Super Bowl XLIII tonight, and my heart raced as if I didn't know the outcome. Obviously, I did but I was still nervous as the Steelers had to rally late to beat the Cardinals. I did a bit of writing on that night in 2009 (five posts!), including a collection of thoughts during the second half.

Sean was with me that night also. It's among many memories of that evening. He and I had been in Pennsylvania that day, with made me happy because I didn't think too much about the game. I remember placing a phone call to see if anyone would be joining us at our house and getting told...um...no.

And that's all I have to say about that.

I remember being probably as amped as I've ever been for almost any game (part of the reason? Read between the lines of the last two paragraphs and you'll see I needed some happiness).

I was...in short...a maniac. Sean -- ever the trooper -- eventually went to bed and slept through the fourth quarter.

It was just me for the roller coaster of emotions of the final fifteen.

Pittsburgh 27, Arizona 23.

It was a totally different time in my life.

*****
I've rebuilt my home studio for probably the seventh time in two weeks. It looks like one of my old mixers might be dying (unless someone can help me save it). But I had a good talk with Dave Torromeo and Mark Jeffers after Doubleheader today, and we're gearing up for some "at home" Clubhouse shows, beginning this Wednesday at 7:00 p.m. If you're on Zoom and know how to handle, you too might wind up as a guest!

More to come on that topic.

Let's regroup and get the weekend going. But first, words of wisdom from an old friend (and of the few who talk about praying without me turning it off).

No comments: