Wednesday, May 01, 2019

Finally Home

Just some of the attendees, which totaled upwards of 450 people.
I didn't sleep great last night and was up a little after 4 a.m.

I was out the door around 5:15 a.m.

A train took me into New York City and I was where I needed to be around 7 a.m.

By 8:30, I was "on," serving as the moderator for the Private Equity Recruiting conference at the Harvard Club in New York for Hunt Scanlon.

Pretty weird to be on that agenda.
Moderating means serving as a face and a voice of the event. I'm the one facing the crowd all day. I have to read the carefully crafted words that have been assembled for me to say, but I also have to keep the event on time all day.

It's a lot, but it's nothing compared to what the Hunt Scanlon crew does. I admire it greatly. Each one of those guys is a friend, and great to work with.

The reviews were humbling, to be honest, and much appreciated. Among some of the comments:

"Your voice is so soothing. You should be a golf broadcaster."
"Is he an actor?" (Yes, this was seriously said)

Anyway, a little after 4:45 p.m., I posed for a group photo and departed.
The trusty podium
Another train took me back to Mount Kisco, where I found my car. Then I went to Grand Prix New York for The Clubhouse.

I was there in plenty of time for the show. Then we had dinner, talked shop, and I drove home.

Oh, wait. Chico the very large gray cat needed food. So there was a grocery store stop to be made.

Then I drove home.

And here I am now.

Finally.

I hope I actually sleep.

See you tomorrow.
Completely worn out on the train back to Mount Kisco.

No comments: