Sunday, February 03, 2008

Bizarre and Sublime!

As I'm sitting here watching the original broadcast of Super Bowl VII (that's when the Dolphins completed their perfect season by beating the Redskins, 14-7), I am surfing my usual collection of blogs. I came across something that I had not heard about. Watch...

OK, so my question is - did the NYPD know about this? When I'm in places like Grand Central, I am on my absolute best behavior (such is the life in post-9/11 New York). So if the NYPD didn't have prior knowledge, how do they not appear in this video, at least slightly PO'd? The police presence in the great hall (which is where this takes place, is always fairly noticeable.

Look, I'm not trying to play the overly-sensitive, politically-correct wuss here. I'm just curious. These people MUST have had some kind of permission or permit to do this, because suspicious behavior doesn't go over well at Grand Central.

I'll return to the simplicity of Super Bowl VII now. Curt Gowdy and Al DeRogatis have the call on NBC. If all you know is today's over-produced sports broadcasts, you'll be amazed at what my father and brother likely watched on that January day in 1973. I might have watched it also (I like the 'Phins back then) but I can't imagine I gave it too much thought. I was a Mercury Morris fan (we had a cat named Morris).

No comments: