Tuesday, April 09, 2024

Goodbye, Greenwich?

A sign we need to see


I received news today that Sean and I will likely have to move fairly soon.

Let me say before I go any further that I'm fairly raw about this news. We only found out a few hours ago and we're both a combination of nervous, upset, and a few other things. There's a healthy dose of fear involved as well.

To be clear, the only thing I'm not is mad. This was always a possibility and it's nothing malevolent. I'm deeply sorry it's happening but hoping for better days once the dust clears.

Frankly, if you don't like me, well here's your moment of Yahtzee. You can feel free to say this is some sort of karma but I assure you it's not because we weren't bad tenants. In fact, this was a wonderful situation for the nearly two years that we've been here. We were truly blessed to have this space. In return, we were quiet and caused no trouble. I was told we would receive a glowing reference.

So tonight, I beg of you to be constructive in your thoughts to us. Right now, things are dark and we need answers, not platitudes.

What we need is a very reasonably priced two-bedroom place that will take a cat. Sean and I each have cars, so parking is a consideration as well. A washer and dryer is desirable but not a dealbreaker. Storage would be lovely.

Price, well, needs to be reasonable given the economic realities of my life.

We'd like -- like -- to stay in Greenwich but I'm willing to consider a lot of areas, sort of like what we looked for in 2022 when we left Mahopac. Would I return to Mahopac? I'd at least think about it, given I do things in the Hudson Valley, such as the Renegades and the Vipers.

But, certainly, I work for Brunswick and Hunt Scanlon and 360 Service Partners and WGCH -- all Greenwich companies -- so it would be best to stay near here. So much of my life is around here but I suppose everything is in play right now.

As for when we need to move, well, I'd say the sooner the better, but there's not a definitive date yet. There's a chance that we might get more time. There's a certain level of ambiguity to all of this.

Once we get where we're going settled we can begin to reflect. Right now, that's not the priority.

Honestly, I'm sitting here avoiding the urge to start packing. 

That's just how I think.

No comments: