Wednesday, May 26, 2021

From last night


 

Shockingly, I enjoyed last night's broadcast.

I was pleased with telling stories on Tradition Tuesday. Talk about the 1936 Yankees? Sure, I can do that.

I tried to stop at times for some natural sound. But I also tried to laugh (mostly at myself) and let listeners know what a joy it is to call baseball.

The descriptions felt good also.

And, yes, I'll nitpick. I blew the final out. My position isn't great and I missed the movement on the pitch. What I thought was a two-seam fastball with movement was more likely a sweeping slider or another breaking pitch. That gnaws at me as I see it shared on social media (and as I type this).

Totally on me.

I make dumb mistakes. I know that. 

I need to chill. I'm my own worst enemy.

But Sean was happy, actually doing a fist pump when he saw the replay (replay? Yes!) of a home run that he shot.

We both gave the night a passing grade.

As for feedback, I didn't receive any from anyone (save for an "I enjoyed listening") and I'm completely fine with that. No nitpicks from anyone else. No praise. No criticisms. Nothing.

Technical concerns were limited to my light in the booth not working. A minor inconvenience as I used my iPhone when needed.

Plus it was a game that was just great. A 3-2 Gades win. Good pitching, timely hitting, minimal base-on-balls, two mound visits all night. It was crisp and fun.

I suppose the point is I did my job and it went fine. 

Let's do it again today.

Last night is gone.

Momentum is today's broadcast.

No comments: