Sunday, November 24, 2019

Elsa and Anna

So now I know Sven, Olaf, Kristoff, Elsa, and Anna (Disney)

I hit you with reality last night. It wasn't pretty.

I feel like I owe something happier tonight.

Therefore, I won't provide a review of the ten minutes that I spent watching the American Music Awards tonight (aka, my latest reminder that I'm old and out of touch with pop music).

Further known as: imagine if these people just -- you know -- performed?

No. Let's focus on fun.

So, I saw Frozen II. It was important to a young lady named Isabella that I went, so I was there, along with Izzy's parents, sister, grandmother, and great-grandmother.

Did I like the movie? No, that really doesn't matter even slightly. Izzy loved it. That's what matters.

I sat in a comfy recliner and watched a well-produced movie for 103 minutes that featured a song and video in the middle of it that was like the worst of the overwrought 80s love songs.

Seriously, it was like a parody. It made me laugh. It would make Peter Cetera laugh.

But I was enchanted knowing my great niece was so happy.

And that her baby sister kept sauntering over to me to pull her shirt up, exposing her belly, to get a reaction from me. Laughter ensued every time.

What mattered was precious time strengthening relationships, be it at the movies or eating pizza in Cheshire or back at their house.

I felt so comfortable that I did doze off on the couch only to have baby sister Gabby wake me up with a roundhouse punch to the gut.

Days like this can be a drag, especially when I want a peaceful day at home, but I never felt an ounce of that remorse today. Sure, I spent probably three hours (or more) in the car, but the day produced laughter and joy and pleasant conversation.

You'd think it wouldn't be that difficult, right?

Plus I got to watch the Steelers for a stretch in their victory over the Cincinnati Bengals.

My only question is: Was Adele Dazeem in the movie?
Just, why, Travolta?

No comments: