Wednesday, March 30, 2011

People Will Come...

Paul Silverfarb beat me to posting this on Facebook.  That's OK, I can still put it here.

Haven't watched this movie in a while.  Probably because I wind up in a fetal position with tears running down my cheeks like the Hudson.

Baseball has marked the time.  This field, this game, it's a part of our past, Ray.  It reminds us of all that was once good, and it could be again.  People will come, Ray.

Holy DiMaggio...I'm tearing up already.  That leads me to another baseball scene, if I can find it...

UPDATE:  I couldn't find it.  It's the scene from The Natural, when Robert Redford is laying in bed, talking to Glenn Close, and he says "I wish Dad could have...God, I love baseball."  Awesome spot from a movie that I have mixed emotions about (great fantasy..but destroyed the raw nature of the book).

No comments: