Friday, March 04, 2011

Hugh Jessiman Finally Makes It To the NHL


I was watching some hockey the other night, when a name stuck out to me.  All I saw was the back of the Florida Panthers' sweater, which had a number 28 and the name Jessiman on the back.

Couldn't be.  Hugh Jessiman?  The former Brunswick Bruin whose games I broadcast?  The 2003 first-round pick of the New York Rangers?  Nah.

Yeah.  Hat-tip to Harold for passing this link along from Hockey Fights.  Unfortunately Hugh was sent back to Rochester in the AHL, but hopefully he makes a return trip.  I didn't know him well, but I talked to him a few times, and he seemed like a nice kid.  Best of luck to him.

It's sad when a player is labeled a "bust" because these are still people that we're talking about, but that's the nature of the beast.

No comments: