Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Guess I Do Good Work

Some time back, I took several of the Vin Scully play-by-play calls that I've gathered and edited them into a small collection. I don't recall the reason I did it - it might have even been to use here - but for whatever reason, people seem to like it, and post uncredited links to it.

This was the first time I noticed it. Then last night, I noticed it...

Once.

Twice (look towards the bottom).

Three times (again, look at the bottom).

Am I bothered? Honestly? No - I'm not bothered at all. Sure, I'd like a mention, but it's OK. I'm sure I've done the same thing. No harm done. If anything, I was "LOLling" (you know, Laughing Out Loud as a verb). Then I looked closer at the last part of that third link - from Tom Hoffarth in the LA Times. Read what Tom writes about the audio clip:
The collection includes highlights of Scully calling a steal of home plate by Jackie Robinson, two final outs from Sandy Koufax no-hitters, Hank Aaron's 715th home run, Rick Monday saving the American Flag, "The Catch" from Joe Montana to Dwight Clark (when he was doing the NFL for CBS), the Mets Game 6 come back in 1986, Kirk Gibson's 1988 World Series home run, and the Twins, Braves, and Yankees winning World Series in the 90's.
Hmmm...where have I read that before? Oh, I WROTE it! Look at the description of the audio:
A collection of some highlights described by Vin Scully. Included is a steal of home plate by Jackie Robinson, two final outs from Sandy Koufax no-hitters (one of them being the classic perfect game in 1965), Hank Aaron's 715th home run, the A's clinching the 1974 World Series, Rick Monday saving the American Flag, a Willie Aikens home run from the 1980 World Series, "The Catch" from Joe Montana to Dwight Clark, the Mets Game 6 come back in 1986, Kirk Gibson's 1988 World Series home run, and the Twins, Braves, and Yankees winning World Series in the 90's.
I promise it is, as "they" say, all good. I got a good laugh out of it all. I'm pretty sure I've linked to Tom several times. If anything, Tom can pay me back by coming on "The Press Box" some day.

No comments: