Thursday, December 10, 2009

GHS Hockey Returns to WGCH

I think I'm OK to post this. You never know - fickle are some people - but as the SPORTS DIRECTOR at WGCH, this should be authorized.

I digress.

It is with great pride that I tell you that WGCH will once again broadcast a handful of Greenwich Cardinals hockey games. Our first broadcast comes your way next Thursday night as the Cardinals host West Haven at the Dorothy Hamill Rink. Game time is 8:00 PM, and our live coverage begins at 7:50.

I'll call the play-by-play, starting my - GASP! - 12th year of being associated with Greenwich hockey (and hopefully, basketball). John Spang will handle the majority of the analysis, with Sean Kilkelly grabbing a couple of games. Chris Kaelin will join me for one call as well. Sean will man the studio when John and Chris are in the booth with me, and Rob Crowley will do the honors when Sean is in the booth. Nick Fox and Chris Kaelin will assist on-site with stats and such, and maybe Chris Erway will show up for a game or two.

In short, the whole "Press Box Playmaker" gang will be involved.

The schedule looks like this:

Thursday, 12/17 - West Haven - Home - 8:00 PM
Saturday, 12/19 - Notre Dame - West Haven - 3:30 PM
Wednesday, 12/23 - Tri-Town - Home - 5:30 PM
Monday, 12/28 - Trinity Catholic - Home - 3:30 PM
Wednesday, 12/30 - Xavier - Middletown - 6:30 PM
Monday, 1/18/10 - Trumbull - Shelton - 5:00 PM
Thursday, 2/4 - Fairfield Warde/Ludlowe - Home - 8:00 PM
Wednesday, 2/24 - Wilton - Ridgefield - 8:30 PM

No comments: